Sunday 5 February 2012

Hope I have a better online February!

After a pretty good December, where I final-tabled the PKR Main Event and cashed for $1200, I have had a torrid start to 2012 in terms of online poker. Probably not helped by my job which has been a bit all-consuming and probably means I have rarely been in the right frame of mind but aside from the cash in the live tournament at DTD, I have failed to register a significant cash from any tournament online and have seen my PKR winnings fade-to-grey pretty swiftly.

Frustratingly, I have generally been playing well but seem to have that cold spell all poker players understand where hours of good play and chip accumulation comes undone just before the serious money when your monster hand runs into an ever-so-slightly bigger monster hand. They call them 'cooler' hands, and I understand that they happen - but right now it feels as though they are mirroring the sub-freezing temperatures outside my window and they have happened time and time and time again.

The thing to do is just keep on going. Keep making the right decisions and when my hands do hold up against weaker holdings, or I spike the miracle 2-outer that my opponents seem to, then it will be ultimately profitable. It just feels like a long haul at times like this.

Anyway, have decided to enter the $200 buy-in Pokerstars Sunday Million tonight. I don't usually play however last night satellited in and after some consideration about taking the money and funding a bunch of lower-buy-in events with it, I have decided to play. Mainly because my work situation means I don't play often during the week so its more fun to take a big punt from time to time as obviously the prize-money on offer is more significant. Clearly, my chance of winning any is low, partly due to the large field size and partly due to the quality of many of the players entering, but it gets my juices-flowing a bit more than entering another faceless $20 tournament would do tonight.

Annoyingly though, I entered another Sunday Million satellite this afternoon whilst the rugby was on (Wales won! Yay!) and finished just a few places off qualifying for another seat out of 170 entries, but once again when I had called a re-shove with AQs and the opponent flipped over A4o, the board ran out to give him a straight-to-the-six and that was effectively over.

Lets hope this evening is better, and I'm not just posting up 'Knocked out within 10 minutes' later on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment